AICI Certified Image Professional (AICI CIP)
When you achieve certification as an AICI Certified Image Professional, you will be able to use the letters “AICI CIP” after your name. This shows clients, colleagues, and the media you have achieved a highly competent level of training and knowledge in the image field.
Effective July 1, 2012, the AICI Certified Image Professional Application changed. AICI wants you to be fully informed of how these changes will impact you.
The changes are as follows:
- You must hold the AICI FLC designation for at least one year before becoming eligible for AICI CIP.
- The AICI CIP Application/Portfolio requirements have been updated:
- Section I: Professional Preparation has been re-structured:
- A. Formal Image-relevant Training – AICI CEU-approved providers or at least two other different sources. Each entry must be of minimum 6 hours. (total min 90 hours for AICI CIP)
- B. Continuing Education – Conference sessions and chapter CEU-approved education events (total min 50 hours for AICI CIP)
- C. Business Development - any business-related training that does not fall under the above categories (no minimums required)
- Section VI: Participation and Leadership: membership requirement – must be a member of a professional image association for at least 4 (four) years
- A new section has been added: Section IX: Portfolio Professionalism - to be evaluated by the AICI CIP Committee based on the following criteria: completeness, organization, clarity and aesthetics. It applies to both physical and online submissions.
You are strongly encouraged to review the AICI CIP Application thoroughly.
**NEW** Certified Image Professional (CIP) Walk-through
To learn how to become an AICI Certified Image Professional, please review:
Any individual who has started or wants to start the AICI CIP process before July 1, 2012, may follow the current 2011 – 2012 requirements.
AICI Certified Image Master (AICI CIM)
When you achieve certification as an AICI Certified Image Master you will be able to use the letters “AICI CIM” after your name. This shows clients, colleagues, and the media you have achieved the highest level certification, proving you are an exceptional, dedicated consultant, have a recognized brand in the industry and own a successful image business.
Effective July 1, 2012, the AICI Certified Image Master Application changed. AICI wants you to be fully informed of how these changes will impact you.
The changes are as follows:
- The new fee for AICI Members is $935.00 USD and the fee for Non-Members is $1,500.00 USD; this fee handles all the expenses incurred by AICI in the process and fees paid to the outside reviewers. The candidate is responsible for the postage to HQ and return postage to the candidate.
- The Application payment and Sponsor letter must be received by AICI HQ prior to candidate submitting the portfolio to HQ. The Sponsor is required to view the portfolio in its entirety prior to it being submitted to HQ.
- The complete portfolio must be received by AICI HQ before October 1st to be eligible for recognition at the Annual Conference in the following year. There are no exceptions. It is recommended the candidate send in the application at least 14 days prior to October 1st. This insures the portfolio is received by October 1st.
- As in the case of all certifications, application does not guarantee its acceptance. When a candidate has not met the qualifications needed for acceptance a letter will be send to the candidate with an explanation. The candidate may reapply with a new application and fee; there is no limitation on time for reapplication.
- When the candidate’s portfolio has been accepted and they will be notified with a date and time to present at conference before a panel for final approval. Once the candidate has been approved, he or she will be presented with the AICI CIM designation at gala.
You are strongly encouraged to review the AICI CIM Application thoroughly.
**NEW** Certified Image Master (CIM) Walk-through
To learn how to become an AICI Certified Image Master, please review:
AICI CIM Application, 2012 - 2013 (PDF)
AICI CIM Frequently Asked Questions