First Level Certification
AICI First Level Certification (AICI FLC) Application
Effective July 1, 2012, the AICI First Level Certification process changed. AICI wants you to be fully informed of how these changes will impact you.
The changes are as follows:
- THE FIRST STEP TOWARD EARNING YOUR AICI FLC DESIGNATION WILL BE TO SUBMIT THE AICI FLC APPLICATION/PORTFOLIO AND THE SECOND STEP WILL BE TO PASS THE AICI FLC EXAM.
- Both steps are mandatory for earning the AICI FLC designation. You may not use “AICI FLC” after your name until you have successfully completed the AICI FLC Application and passed the AICI FLC Exam.
- The fee for the AICI FLC Application/Portfolio remains $100.00 USD.
- Submit the FLC One-Page Certification Registration Form and application fee to AICI Headquarters. This form is found in the AICI FLC Application Packet. Or, you may choose to submit payment online.
- Confirmation from AICI Headquarters that payment has been processed opens up a one-year candidacy period to submit the completed portfolio to the designated reviewer.
- When your AICI FLC Application is approved you are qualified to sit for the AICI FLC Exam. Confirmation from reviewer and AICI Headquarters that the portfolio has been accepted opens up a six (6) month candidacy period to register for and pass the AICI FLC Exam. If the candidate passes the AICI FLC Exam within the six months, they earn the AICI FLC designation. All the requirements for maintaining certification remain the same.
- If the candidate does not pass the AICI FLC Exam within six months, and still wishes to pursue certification, they will be required to start the process again, beginning with submitting the fee for the AICI FLC Application/Portfolio.
- An individual must hold the AICI FLC designation for at least one year before becoming eligible for the AICI CIP designation.
- Also, the 2012 - 2013 AICI FLC Application/Portfolio requirements have been updated. Be sure you are using the updated application.
You are strongly encouraged to review the new AICI FLC Application thoroughly.
**NEW** AICI First Level Certification (FLC) Walk-through
Download the 2012 - 2013 AICI FLC Application
The FLC package will be available in Simplified Chinese, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Japanese soon.
AICI First Level Certification (AICI FLC) Application Process BEFORE July 1, 2012
Any individual who already started the AICI FLC process before July 1, 2012, may follow the previous path of taking the AICI FLC Exam first, and submitting the AICI FLC Application/Portfolio second.
Follow these steps after passing the AICI FLC Exam.
- Download the 2011 - 2012 AICI FLC Application.
- Submit the FLC One-Page Certification Registration Form and application fee to AICI Headquarters. This form is found in the AICI FLC Application Packet. Or, you may choose to sumbit payment online. Submitting your application payment opens a one-year candidacy period to submit your completed application.
- Complete and submit the AICI FLC Application per the application’s instructions.
You WILL NOT be a certified member until you meet the requirements of the AICI FLC Application. You will remain an associate member until then.