Essentials for Styling Men
with Carla Mathis, AICI CIM
AICI Credits: .3 AICI CEUs
Wednesday, January 14 and Wednesday, January 21 | 8:00 pm - 9:30pm, EST - New York
(you must attend both sessions to earn the CEUs)
COST: $180 AICI Members/$234 Non Members
**As an authorized AICI CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program for 0.3 AICI CEUs. This CEU’d webinar is divided into TWO-90 minute sessions and is limited to 15 participants only. After you pay, you will receive a link that you must click on to register.
Take this course with Image Master Carla Mathis to gain insights from her 30 + years working successfully with male clients. Whether you already style men or are thinking about entering the men’s market, you’ll discover key tools and information you can use immediately after this course. Learn how to speak effectively with male clients, how to work with distinctive features, best fabrics for different body types, critical points for good fit, and much more. This course will give you confidence and skills to work with your male clients; to successfully analyze and solve their clothing & image needs.
10 short ‘tips’ that will be covered in this webinar for use in social media outreach
- When Styling men, you’ll be more efficient when you can quickly identify which of the 12 personality styles he is
- Men communicate differently then women. When you learn how to speak his language you’ll get more male clients
- When a man understands the significance of non-verbal communication and the psychology of style he’ll be more effective in reaching his goals.
- Most men have distinctive features that present wardrobe challenges, for example: large belly, full rear, bow legs, sloping shoulders, thick rib cage. Understanding how to dress with these features is the job of every Personal Stylist who wants to be effective.
- When you can assess a man’s silhouette & proportion, only then can you determine the best cut of suits and length of casual shirts and jackets
- There are 4 levels of business dress for men – Knowing when to wear and why to choose which one for purpose is essential.
- To work successfully with male clients, you MUST have the skills to evaluate and fine tune the critical points of GOOD FIT for Men’s suits and jackets
- Clothes Make The Man — the fit of the shirt, and accessories tell the story
- Learn the difference between European,US, and Asian professional wardrobe styles to effectively serve your international male clients.
- A man with poorly fitted suits and clothing communicates sloppiness, laziness and diminishes trustworthiness.
About Carla Mathis, AICI CIM
Carla Mathis, published author, trainer, and president/co-founder of Body Beautiful is based in Los Angeles, California. Her landmark book, The Triumph of Individual Style, used in design schools in the US and abroad has become the ‘bible’ of the fashion and image industries.
Carla Mathis founded a consultancy and training institute in 1981, after being mentored for many years by the founder of the Personal Color movement, Suzanne Caygill. By pioneering and teaching the use of design as a powerful therapeutic tool, Carla has helped thousands of women and men worldwide learn to appreciate their bodies and achieve new levels of self-acceptance. In addition to her ongoing speaking and teaching engagements around the world, Carla has pioneered the use of her innovative Body Signature analysis in environmental and interior design, creating personal spaces and interiors that reflect their owners identity, while supporting an increased sense of well-being.
One of 10 Certified Image Masters (CIM) worldwide, Carla consults with individuals & groups in the USA and internationally. She also teaches Body Beautiful Institute courses locally and abroad. Body Beautiful has a network of 250+ stylists world-wide, trained to offer the highest level of individualized service in our industry using the Body Signature System of Master Color Sets and Consultation Guides with their clients.
In order to earn AICI CEUs, participants must:
- Attend both sessions.
- Fully participate in all activities.
- Complete evaluation at end of sessions.
- List learned outcomes that will be applied to their business.
Technology Required: Computer with microphone and speakers or computer with headset with microphone.
Hear what others’ have to say about Carla's Essential for Styling Men Webinar Program:
"Men like direct, clear, brief direction and are primarily motivated by making more money, attracting a mate. Knowing this saves time and keeps the male client interested. Carla is an engaging and knowledgeable teacher. I love how she drops pearls of information as she teaches and gives examples from her clients and years of experience."
I appreciated Carla illustrating how to adjust men's suits to fit, detailing, and personality. The visual aids were very helpful. This has helped me to notice the details to consider in making sure a suit and attire are the right fit. I thought this class was very informative, and has given me more confidence to work with male clients.
~ Catherine Sanchez
"I love the focus on collars and suiting details. I think it is important and the information is difficult to come by. As always the class was articulate and the execution flawless. I would recommend this training to anyone interested in learning men's fashion. Thank you!”
~ Mary Taylor