The Psychology of Style in Business: Why it Matters & How to Use it
with Carla Mathis, AICI CIM
Website | www.TheStyleCore.com
AICI Credits: .3 AICI CEUs
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 and Tuesday, March 1, 2016
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST - New York
(you must attend both sessions to earn the CEUs)
COST: $180 AICI Members/$234 Non Members
Your visual presentation tells a story whether you realize it or not. Your non-verbal communication has a psychological effect on the people around you. This webinar will show you how to use the psychology of style in business to get the desired results for both women and men. Through demonstration and examples you will learn how to create looks to alter moods and the ways in which people respond in various business situations. With 30+ years of experience, Image Master Carla Mathis will show you the foundational principles and practical examples for achieving psychological effects to serve the busi-ness goals of you and your clients.
In this two-part AICI CEU'd Webinar session, you will:
- Learn how to effectively communicate—when, where, and how to wear the following psychological effects in dress for the business wardrobe—based upon Personality, Purpose, and Life-style:
- Inherent / Approachable
- Powerful / Formal
- Dramatic / Stand-out
- Efficient / Crisp & Polished
- Subdued / Understated
- Review psychological language of elements of art and how to use them in style: Line, Shape, Proportion, Scale, Color, Texture
- Present and have evaluated a case study of a professional outfit in which you identify the specific psychological effect for your case.
- Identify the 5 clothing styles that can be worn for a business wardrobe based upon personality, purpose, and company brand
- Discuss how to navigate employee vs. corporate culture differences
- Practice identifying adjectives that effectively and collectively describe a person at his or her best for business settings.
About Carla Mathis, AICI CIM
Carla Mathis, published author, trainer, and president/co-founder of The Style Core is based in Los Angeles, California. Her landmark book, The Triumph of Individual Style, used in design schools in the US and abroad has become the ‘bible’ of the fashion and image industries.
Carla Mathis founded a consultancy and training institute in 1981, after being mentored for many years by the founder of the Personal Color movement, Suzanne Caygill. By pioneering and teaching the use of design as a powerful therapeutic tool, Carla has helped thousands of women and men worldwide learn to appreciate their bodies and achieve new levels of self-acceptance.
One of 10 Certified Image Masters (CIM) worldwide, Carla consults with individuals & groups in the USA and internationally. She also teaches Style Core Institute courses locally and abroad. The Style Core has a network of 250+ stylists world-wide, trained to offer the highest level of individualized service in our industry using the Body Signature System of Master Color Sets and Consultation Guides with their clients.
**As an authorized AICI CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program for 0.3 AICI CEUs. This CEU’d webinar is divided into two-90 minute sessions and is limited to 15 participants only. After you pay, you will receive a link that you must click on to register.
In order to earn .3 CEUs for this course, participants must attend all interactive webinar sessions, participating in activities as and when required and complete an Action Plan for both which will be returned once each session has ended.
Technology Required: Computer with microphone and speakers or computer with headset with microphone.
AICI CEU Webinar Cancellation Policy
Notice of cancellation must be in writing via email. Cancellation by telephone is not allowed. To cancel via e-mail, send the cancellation notice to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For attendees registered for AICI CEU Webinar Programs, our refund/cancellation policy:
- Notice of cancellation received 14 business days prior to the start of the first webinar in the AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = 100% refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- Notice of cancellation received from 0-13 business days prior to the first AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = No refund
Refund Requests as a Result of Technical Issues
- If a technical failure at the participant’s home or workplace prevents access to the live webinar, the participant will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the webinar. We recommend you sign on 10-15 minutes early to ensure your systems are set up correctly.
- If a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the webinar is cancelled, a full refund will be provided.