Essentials for Styling Men
with Carla Mathis, AICI CIM
AICI Credits: .3 AICI CEUs
Monday, January 4 and Monday, January 11, 2016 | 8:00 p.m. EST - New York
COST: $180 AICI Members/$234 Non Members
Take this course with Image Master Carla Mathis to gain insights from her 30 + years working successfully with male clients. Whether you already style men or are thinking about entering the men’s market, you’ll discover key tools and information you can use immediately after this course. Learn how to speak effectively with male clients, how to work with distinctive features, best fabrics for different body types, critical points for good fit, and much more. This course will give you confidence and skills to work with your male clients; to successfully analyze and solve their clothing & image needs.
In these TWO 90-Minute AICI CEU Webinar sessions, you will:
- Identify 12 Personality Styles for men and how to speak their language
- Identify the psychology of men's style & nonverbal communication
- Identify 4 levels of business dress … when and why to choose which one for what purpose
- Assess silhouette & proportion to determine the best cut of suits and length of casual shirts and jackets
- Describe how to dress men's Distinctive Features: belly, flat or full buttocks, bow-legs, sloping shoulder or neck, thick rib cage and full pecs
- Identify how to speak to male clients in a way that is most effective
- Evaluate & fine-tune the critical points of GOOD FIT for Men's suits and jackets
Carla Mathis, published author, trainer, and president/co-founder of The Style Core (formerly Body Beautiful) is based in Los Angeles, California. Her landmark book, The Triumph of Individual Style, used in design schools in the US and abroad has become the ‘bible’ of the fashion and image industries.
Carla Mathis founded a consultancy and training institute in 1981, after being mentored for many years by the founder of the Personal Color movement, Suzanne Caygill. By pioneering and teaching the use of design as a powerful therapeutic tool, Carla has helped thousands of women and men worldwide learn to appreciate their bodies and achieve new levels of self-acceptance.
One of 12 Certified Image Masters (CIM) worldwide, Carla consults with individuals & groups in the USA and internationally. She also teaches Style Core Institute courses locally and abroad. The Style Core has a network of 250+ stylists world-wide, trained to offer the highest level of individualized service in our industry using the Body Signature System of Master Color Sets and Consultation Guides with their clients.
“Men like direct, clear, brief direction and are primarily motivated by making more money, attracting a mate. Knowing this saves time and keeps the male client interested.Carla is an engaging and knowledgeable teacher. I love how she drops pearls of information as she teaches and gives examples from her clients and years of experience.”
- Susie Connerty
“I appreciated Carla illustrating how to adjust men’s suits to fit, detailing, and personality. The visual aids were very helpful. This has helped me to notice the details to consider in mak-ing sure a suit and attire are the right fit. I thought this class was very informative, and has given me more confidence to work with male clients.”
- Catherine Sanchez
“I love the focus on collars and suiting details. I think it is important and the information is difficult to come by. As always the class was articulate and the execution flawless. I would recommend this training to anyone interested in learning men’s fashion. Thank you!”
- Mary Taylor
**As an authorized AICI CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program for 0.3 AICI CEUs. AICI CEU-approved webinars and teleclasses have no limit on the number of participants enrolled. A completed worksheet is required at the conclusion of the delivery to indicate full participation. After you pay, you will receive a link that you must click on to register.
Each participant will receive a handout.
In order to earn .2 CEUs for this course, participants must attend both interactive webinar sessions, participating in activities as and when required and complete an Action Plan for both which will be returned once each session has ended.
Technology Required: Computer with microphone and speakers or computer with headset with microphone.
AICI CEU WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY
Notice of cancellation must be in writing via email. Cancellation by telephone is not allowed. To cancel via e-mail, send the cancellation notice to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For attendees registered for AICI CEU Webinar Programs, our refund/cancellation policy:
- Notice of cancellation received 14 business days prior to the start of the first webinar in the AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = 100% refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- Notice of cancellation received from 0 - 13 business days prior to the first AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = No refund
Refund Requests as a Result of Technical Issues
- If a technical failure at the participant’s home or workplace prevents access to the live webinar, the participant will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the webinar. We recommend you sign on 10-15 minutes early to ensure your systems are set up correctly.
- If a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the webinar is cancelled, a full refund will be provided.