AICI Credits: 0.3 AICI CEUs
Wednesday, August 10 & Wednesday, August 17, 2016 | 1:00 - 2:30 pm EDT - New York
COST: $180 AICI Members | $234 Nonmembers
Research says that women in their 50’s have the spending power, the leisure time and the life experience to ‘have it all’, yet most do not have the life choices or the youthful confi-dence of Madonna et al. Reaching your 6th decade can be traumatic. Redundancy, divorce, illness, empty nesting, menopause, caring for elderly parents and changes in body shape can depress rather than excite. Dressing like your daughter or your mother are not viable options so shopping for authentic, flattering clothing can be a nightmare, not a pleasure. But it’s not just about their image. To create confident clients we also need to be able to effectively communicate with them. To be able to understand and recognize the needs of others, you first need an insight into yourself and the impact you make.
The market is out there and we, as image professionals, are much needed. This session will provide a realistic insight into the new breeds of midlife women, the challenges they face and how we can best communicate with them as image professionals.
In this AICI CEU Webinar sessions, you will:
- Identify the main challenges faced by mid life women
- Identify 4 different groups of mid life clients
- Analyze and evaluate a selection of outfits for the 50 plus woman
- Describe the characteristics of the four different color energies
- Identify the color energy and develop
strategies to modify behavior when interacting with a valued client
Sue Donnelly, AICI CIP LFIPI FFSM
Sue Donnelly LFIPI, AICI CIP, FFSM is an internationally sought after image professional who is passionate about enabling clients to dress and communicate in a way that reflects who they are and what they want to say, regardless of shape, size or age. Since she turned 50, (a few years ago) she totally understands how confidence can ebb away. Women have to re-discover themselves, so they no longer ‘run with the pack’ but find their unique way of ‘sho-wing up’. She doesn’t adhere to the ‘one size fits all’. Our clothing and our communication should be authentic but, at the same time, we need the flexibility of approach to relate to clients, in the way THEY prefer.
Sue is a former President and Fellow of the UK image industry’s governing - Federation of Image Professionals International and a founding member of Association of Stylists and Im-age Professionals. She is a Certified Image Professional AICI, Master (and lead trainer) of Fashion Feng Shui. A certified coach, facilitator and speaker and the author of 5 books, she is a TV style expert, has written articles and styled photo shoots for many magazines and newspapers. She is the 2015 recipient of the Jane Segerstrom Award and has presented sessions for AICI all over the world includng this years keynote in Washington. She believes that being authentic and allowing yourself to evolve are the keys to success – and that in-cludes how you choose to adorn and express yourself, whatever your age.
Please note that this course is training approved by the Association of Image Consultants International (AICI). Certification, earned through the trainer upon completion of this course, is entirely independent from AICI's professional certification programs. If you wish to pursue AICI Certification, please refer to AICI's Certification Center.
**As an authorized AICI CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program for 0.3 AICI CEUs. This CEU'd webinar is divided into two 90-minute sessions. After you pay, you will receive a link that you must click on to register.
In order to earn AICI CEUs, participants must:
- Be present for both entire presentations
- Actively engage in the activities contained within the presentation
- Email their case study example before the 2nd session
- Complete / send evaluation within 48 hours after the last session
- Complete / send assignment within 48 hours after the last session
Computer with microphone and speakers or computer with headset with microphone.
AICI CEU Webinar Cancellation Policy
Notice of cancellation must be in writing via email. Cancellation by telephone is not allowed. To cancel via e-mail, send the cancellation notice to: email@example.com.
For attendees registered for AICI CEU Webinar Programs, our refund/cancellation policy:
- Notice of cancellation received 14 business days prior to the start of the first webinar in the AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = 100% refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- Notice of cancellation received from 0 - 13 business days prior to the first AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = No refund
Refund Requests as a Result of Technical Issues
- If a technical failure at the participant's home or workplace prevents access to the live webinar, the participant will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the webinar. We recommend you sign on 10-15 minutes early to ensure your systems are set up correctly.
- If a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the webinar is cancelled, a full refund will be provided.