AICI Credits: 0.3 AICI CEUs
Tuesday, October 11 and Tuesday, October 18, 2016 | 7:30 p.m. EST - New York
COST: $180 AICI Members/$234 Non Members
Questions swirl around the subject of "The Seasons". From where did the 'Season' concept come? Who started it? Where does Carole Jackson come into the picture? Then there is ‘Color One and Color Two’, Beauty for All Seasons…. And more. How are ‘Seasons’ used today? Is there value is typing someone a season? If so, What?...If not, Why?
Carla Mathis, CIM, has used and researched the ‘Seasons’ concept since she was first typed in 1960 by Suzanne Caygill, who originated the seasonal color reference. Discover how the 4-season concept has evolved from the 1940’s when it first was used to describe a person, to the present. You’ll also hear Carla’s own personal journey of discovery from when she was mentored by Suzanne Caygill to the pre-sent day evolution of her work.
In these TWO 90-Minute AICI CEU Webinar sessions, you will:
- Describe the history of the Four Seasons concept
- Identify the positive value of a Seasonal reference
- Identify the negative results of a Seasonal reference
- Describe what Suzanne 'said' about how someone was given a Seasonal reference versus what she ‘did’ when working with clients
- Describe Coloring versus Personality in Seasonal placement
- Identify when and how someone can use more than one seasonal reference
- Describe the value of Personal Identity as it relates to the Seasons
Carla Mathis, published author, trainer, and president/co-founder of The Style Core is based in Los Angeles, California. Her landmark book, The Triumph of Individual Style, used in design schools in the US and abroad has become the 'bible' of the fashion and image industries.
Carla Mathis founded a consultancy and training institute in 1981, after being mentored for many years by the founder of the Personal Color movement, Suzanne Caygill. By pioneering and teaching the use of design as a powerful therapeutic tool, Carla has helped thousands of women and men worldwide learn to appreciate their bodies and achieve new levels of self-acceptance.
One of 13 Certified Image Masters (CIM) worldwide, Carla consults with individuals & groups in the USA and internationally. She also teaches The Style Core Institute courses locally and abroad. The Style Core has a network of 300+ stylists world-wide, trained to offer the highest level of individualized service in our industry using the Body Signature System of Master Col-or Sets and Consultation Guides with their clients.
Carla Mathis is a superb master with a wealth of knowledge and is a delightfully en-lightened effervescent teacher. Carla has ignited my thirst to learn more about these color programs for my clients. I would highly recommend her and this program. It was an honor to spend this time in this course learning with her. It was very engaging and well articulated.
The seminar brought so much clarity to me and confidence in giving my personal recommen-dation. I could relate to the experience that we could not quite put people in the box and felt limited by having to choose a specific season. The holistic framework is very practical and useful for consultations.
I appreciate the most the integration of the person’s identity with the assignment of seasons: That the seasons are mainly used as a frame of reference. Key is to choose what psychological effect would be needed to convey the person’s identity.
Thank you very much for the informative and valuable sessions. It is wonderful that I was able to exchange ideas of color theory with AICI friends all over the world!
**As an authorized AICI CEU Provider, AICI has approved this program for 0.3 AICI CEUs. AICI CEU-approved webinars and teleclasses have no limit on the number of participants enrolled. A completed worksheet is required at the conclusion of the delivery to indicate full participation. After you pay, you will receive a link that you must click on to register.
In order to earn .3 CEUs for this course, participants must attend the full 3 hours of the webinar, fully participate in all activities and complete an evaluation form at the end of the course rating learning outcomes.
Technology Required: Computer with microphone and speakers or computer with headset with microphone.
AICI CEU WEBINAR CANCELLATION POLICY
Notice of cancellation must be in writing via email. Cancellation by telephone is not allowed. To cancel via e-mail, send the cancellation notice to: email@example.com.
For attendees registered for AICI CEU Webinar Programs, our refund/cancellation policy:
- Notice of cancellation received 14 business days prior to the start of the first webinar in the AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = 100% refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- Notice of cancellation received from 0 - 13 business days prior to the first AICI CEU Webinar Program or single webinar offering = No refund
Refund Requests as a Result of Technical Issues
- If a technical failure at the participant’s home or workplace prevents access to the live webinar, the participant will not be given a refund. It is the responsibility of the attendee to confirm system requirements and test their computers prior to the start of the webinar. We recommend you sign on 10-15 minutes early to ensure your systems are set up correctly.
- If a technical failure is the fault of the service provider and the webinar is cancelled, a full refund will be provided.