|About Image Consulting|
How an Image Consultant Can Help You
An image consultant guides you in presenting yourself to your best advantage and in expressing your highest potential. Whether you are an individual or a business, whether you work outside the home or not, an image consultant can coach you on three key areas of visual impact:
An image consultant utilizes the learning environment you find most comfortable and convenient, whether it be a personal consultation in your office or home, a coaching session over the phone, a presentation to your executive team, a seminar for your employees or a workshop at your annual conference.
How an Image Consultant Meets Your Unique Needs
Image consulting has grown to include many specialties. Below are some of the areas of expertise an image consultant can offer:
Image consultants are experienced in working with an array of people and professions:
An image consultant may also represent a line of clothing, accessories, eyewear, makeup, or other products; they may also offer books or other materials supporting their area of expertise.
Ten Easy Steps to Hiring the Right Image Consultant for Your Needs
1. Identify which service you're seeking for yourself or your employees.
2. Determine the appropriate setting for an effective consultation. An image consultant can work one-on-one or in a small group setting, make a large presentation, or work with you to utilize a combination of these settings.3. Determine the value of image consulting services for yourself or your company, you must first decide how you wish to be perceived and then decide what that 'ideal image' is worth to you. Keep that value in mind as you determine how much you are willing to invest in image services.
4. Locate your candidate through the AICI Membership Directory
5. Identify the certification level most suited to your needs and budget; Certification helps you quickly identify an image consultant's level of expertise. AICI assesses and certifies image consultants at three levels as follows:
6. Contact each possible image consultant and set up a phone interview or arrange a face-to-face meeting, if you prefer.
7. Meet with your prospect image consultants and share your expectations of a consultation, or company program.
8. Ask the prospect image consultants to share with you their experiences of working with similar situations as yours.
9. Check references; when calling an image consultant’s references, it is important to find out if they would work with the image consultant again. Also, inquire about the image consultant’s work habits and professionalism, as well as whether she/he met the expected goals.
10. Hire Your Image Consultant. Congratulations! Once you have found the image consultant who can deliver the services you require, you are on your way to creating an exciting new image for yourself or your business that will enhance your life and increase your personal and/or career success!
10/11/2016 » 10/18/2016
AICI Webinar: ‘Seasons’ Demystified – Past & Present