>> Back to CIC Home
The AICI Certified Image Consultant (AICI CIC) designation shows others that you have achieved practiced standards in the image consulting industry and that you keep abreast of current thinking and technical knowledge.
The successful completion of the CIC Exam is one of the steps necessary in completing your CIC certification. The order in which you complete your CIC Exam is determined by the track you selected at the time that you completed your CIC application.
The following outlines the steps you will need to take to register and schedule your CIC exam.
- Register and submit payment for your CIC exam, click here to register and make payment for your CIC Exam. The fee for the CIC exam is $275 USD for members and $1,090 USD for non-members
- Email confirmation will be sent by AICI Headquarters informing you that you have been registered for you CIC exam
- Email instructions from our testing partner, Castle Worldwide which will contain instructions for registering and scheduling your CIC exam.
- Ensure that your email program will accept emails for our testing partner, Castle Worldwide.
Requirements for the AICI CIC Exam
AICI offers the AICI CIC Exam as a computer-based exam, known as a live proctor exam or LOP.
- The computer based AICI CIC Exam may be taken anywhere that provides privacy
- Hardware and software requirements
- Webcam and reliable access to the Internet
- Computer with 1GB of RAM or higher
- Internet connection of (5 mbps)-wireless connection is acceptable, however a wired-connection is preferred
- Webcam with 640x480 video pixel resolution (laptop camera is acceptable)
- Speakers connected to the computer
- Microphone connected to the computer (consider a webcam with a built-in microphone)
- Flash player version 7 or higher
- Browser compatibility: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari
- Registration can be completed online at any time.
- The computer-based exam is available in English, French, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish; or, it can be taken in English. Please note that interpreters or language dictionaries are not allowed.
- You must be at least 18 years old to take the AIC CIC Exam
- The fee is $275/members and $1,090/non-members
How to Register:
- Review the AICI Certified Image Consultant (CIC) Examination Handbook.
- Register for the AICI CIC Exam online.
- Ensure that your email program will accept emails from email@example.com.
- Email instructions from Castle Worldwide on how to schedule your CIC exam. This email will be sent from, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive a second email from Castle Worldwide, confirming your CIC exam appointment.
- You will receive your test score immediately when taking the exam as a computer-based exam.
- You will receive a hard copy letter with your exam results in 6-8 weeks.
If your CIC Portfolio has been reviewed and approved, congratulations you have completed all of the necessary steps to achieve your CIC certification. You will receive a formal notice and certificate from AICI Headquarters.
If you have taken the CIC exam as the first step in your CIC process you will need to submit your CIC portfolio to your CIC Reviewer for approval.