>> Back to CIC Home
- Required to earn 2.4 AICI CEUs every three (3) years. The expiration date is June 30 of the third year that you are certified. You are responsible for monitoring and maintaining records of all CEUs earned.
- One (1) hour of approved training equals 0.1 CEU. Ten (10) hours of approved training equals 1.0 CEU. To earn the required 2.4 CEUs in a 3 year renewal period you will need to earn eight (8) hours of approved training per year.
AICI Provides the Following Opportunities for Members to Earn CEUs:
- Concurrent sessions and Workshops at the AICI Annual Conference
- AICI Chapter Education Days that have been approved for AICI CEUs
- Programs/Trainings approved by AICI to offer CEUs. For a current list of programs approved by AICI, click here. It is your responsibility to ensure the program you are taking has been CEU approved.
To Earn CEUs through Programs not Offered through AICI:
Programs must already be CEU-approved. This includes:
Program content must be relevant to a category listed in the AICI Core Competencies.
A Pre-Approval Application must be completed prior to attending a class for which you hope to earn AICI CEU's
Submit the Pre-Approval Application to the AICI CEU Chair for approval six (6) weeks prior to taking the program.
- Academic courses taken at a recognized Community College or University (provided they are not being taken as part of a degree program to receive academic credit)
- CEU-approved courses offered by private companies, such as Fred Pryor Seminars or National Seminars Training. An internet search will reveal numerous CEU-approved courses.
Certification Renewal Fee
The Certification Renewal Fee is due August 1 of your certification renewal year. This fee is in addition to your AICI Annual Membership Dues for your renewal year. The recertification fee for CIC, CIP and CIM is $300.00 USD for members and $750.00 USD for nonmembers. CIC certification can be renewed online.
Certification Renewal Extension
CIC certified members who do not earn 2.4 CEUs by June 30th of their certification renewal year may apply for a three-month extension in which to earn the required 2.4 CEUs.
How To Apply
- Submit a written request to AICI Headquarter at least one month prior to expiration
- AICI Headquarters grants extension
- Member submits a $250 certification extension fee, this fee is in addition to the $300 renewal fee
- All CEUs earned during this 3 month extension is applied to the certification renewal period for which the extension has been granted.
Forfeiting Certification Status
- If you choose not to pay the Certification Renewal Fee when due, you forfeit your Certification Status.
- If you fail to earn the required 2.4 CEUs for the three-year period, you forfeit your Certification Status.
- If you apply for an extension and to do not earn the required CEUs during the three-month extension you will forfeit you certification
- In forfeiting your certification status, you may no longer use certification designation "AICI CIC," "AICI CIP" or "AICI CIM" or market yourself as a Certified Image Consultant through AICI in any marketing materials; your listing in Online Membership Directory will be moved to the non-certified area of the Directory; you will not be able to participate in any AICI events or activities that are exclusive to AICI Certified Image Consultants.
Reinstatement of Certification
- Only those individuals who have earned the required number of CEUs (2.4 in the three-year period) will be eligible for Reinstatement by paying a Reinstatement Fee in addition to any owing Certification Renewal Fees. The reinstatement fee for CIC, CIP and CIM is $500.00 USD for members and $1,000.00 USD for nonmembers.
- Individuals who have not met the CEU requirement will not be considered for Reinstatement.