Your goal is to help your chapter sustain and develop its membership base, and to help develop leaders capable of serving AICI at the chapter level and beyond. You will also maintain a database listing of chapter members and prospective members.
New Member Recruitment
Successful recruitment strategies
- A successful recruitment strategy involves effective and relevant programs, public relations, interesting meetings, and overall chapter effectiveness. Chapters need two types of recruitment: ongoing and strategic planning.
- An ongoing recruitment system will result in new members throughout the year.
- Strategic planning develops events to attract a greater number of new members at one time. A well-planned membership-recruitment event will yield results. However, a one-time event should supplement, not replace, continual efforts to attract new members. Both play a crucial role in achieving your membership goals.
Use the Prospective Member Letter and Member Benefits sheet to connect with potential members.
Additional Recruitment Strategies
- Each chapter should have a clear chapter membership goal and a plan for achieving it that can be communicated to each chapter member.
- Have chapter members join together with the goal of recruiting one new member.
- Review past chapter programs for speakers who might be good potential members.
- Scan local business listings for names of influential and image-minded people.
- Watch "People in the News” columns in newspapers for people who refer to or talk about image who could be prospects.
- Send a welcome letter to new image consultants in your area. Find them by searching on-line in your area.
- Have each member carry a business card for the chapter with information about your chapter meetings to give to prospective members.
- Remind chapter members to tell prospective members about successful chapter programs, education or events.
- Produce an on-line or printed brochure (one page) highlighting the chapter programs, education and philanthropic events.
Seek opportunities for AICI members to speak at community events and in schools
Visibility is an important prerequisite to membership recruitment. Be aggressive in identifying opportunities for chapter members to speak at community events. Don’t wait to be invited. Organizers will be glad that you called.
Six Ways to Grow Membership
- Identify – Search out and identify prospective members.
- Inform – Speak up! Remember to inform people about AICI and your Chapter.
- Invite – Don’t be shy, invite people to attend Chapter events.
- Orient – Have an orientation for prospective members so that they know what they can expect and how it will benefit them.
- Educate – Discuss with prospective and new members how to benefit from AICI.
- Involve – Encourage new members with a sense of belonging and they will get involved.