FOR THE CHAPTER PRESIDENT
Your duties are to be the Executive Officer of the Chapter and provide general supervision and leadership to the Chapter Board officers. You also serve as the official spokesperson of the Chapter (or assign a surrogate), representing AICI to the local public and press, and provide the vision to be achieved by the Chapter during your term of office.
- Preside at all meetings of the Chapter Board of Directors, Executive Committee and Finance Committee.
- Set the agenda for all Chapter meetings (work with the Secretary on this).
- Confer on candidates and approve selection of all committee chairs.
- Review/proofread all Chapter communications before they are sent.
- Set up annual Chapter strategic planning meeting and prepare agenda.
- Oversee and have input into Chapter programs, education day events, budget, chairs, and committees.
- Plan and conduct all the Chapter board meetings and teleconference calls.
- Sign contracts for meeting sites with approval of the Treasurer.
- Review and approve Chapter newsletter.
- Oversee Chapter website (working with the VP Communications).
- Review AICI Chapter Bylaws, Chapter Accord and Chapter Affiliation with the Chapter Board of Directors and insure adherence to deadlines per the Accord requirements.
- Coach President-Elect into the upcoming position as President and share information and material on Chapter management.
- Review proper procedures, protocols and expectations with Board members regularly to guarantee adherence.
- Maintain continuous communication with the International President and AICI headquarters and assess when training, support, and job description changes are needed.
- Participate in and attend other Associations which will benefit Chapter relationship (optional).
- Vote on issues where a tie is evident.
- Organize, plan and facilitate the Chapter strategic planning meeting and leadership training.
- Attend Presidents’ teleconference calls facilitated by the International President.
- Be in continuous communication with the President-Elect to discuss and analyze ongoing chapter and board member issues.
- Create and/or update the operations manual of functions as a guideline for the upcoming Chapter President including a calendar of critical events, tasks, sample materials, etc.
- Sign AICI Chapter Bylaws and AICI Chapter Affiliation annually and submit to AICI headquarters as required by Accord schedule.
FOR THE PRESIDENT-ELECT
As you prepare for the position of Chapter President, your role is to support the President, participate in long-range planning, help plan for the growth of the chapter, and develop leadership skills by experiencing the inner workings of the structure and systems of the organization.
Support the President
- Preside at meetings in the absence of the President
- Communicate with the Board for the President whenever needed and report any developments and concerns where appropriate
- Participate with the President in planning meetings
- Maintain a dialogue with the President once or twice a month
- Serve on the Finance Committee with the President and Treasurer
- Serve on the Executive Committee with the President, Secretary and Treasurer
Training for the Presidency
- Have regular communication with the President
- Attend all board and chapter meetings
- Study team building and communication styles systems/processes
- Learn Roberts Rules of Order
- Look to membership for your board of directors
- Attend AICI Conference (if possible) and Leadership Trainings