The Role of a Chapter Secretary/Philanthropic Chair
- Record timely minutes for Chapter Board, Chapter Executive Committee, Chapter Board Retreats and as required, Chapter Meetings.
- Assist with Chapter Accord Deliverables.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy of Bylaws to respond to member requests.
- Inform members of any changes to the Bylaws.
- Consider utilizing Action Items for follow-up communication.
- Participate in two annual Secretary Counterpart Calls with International Secretary/Philanthropic Chair.
- Attend Leadership Training at Conference or alternative Leadership Training.
- Support Chapter Philanthropic Projects.
- Promote awareness of November Philanthropy Month (US).
- Follow up with members to ensure recognition for Philanthropic Projects.
Chapter Accord Deliverables for the Secretaries Made Easy
- Confirm July due date of deliverables to AICI HQ with your Chapter President.
- Coordinate deliverables with outgoing/incoming Secretaries and Presidents.
- Send documents via email in PDF format or as hard copies mailed to AICI HQ.
- Submit previous year Chapter Meeting Agendas and Minutes.
- Submit previous year Chapter Program Schedules.
- Provide Chapter Bylaws to be signed by the incoming Chapter Board.
- Send in the Chapter Affiliation Agreement (signed by incoming Chapter Secretary and incoming Chapter President).
Secretary Best Practices
AICI Gives Back - Image for a Cause