Authentic Beauty unCompromised - Diverse Design
AICI Vision Statement
“A world where all individuals and organizations have the opportunity to develop confidence and charisma for growth”.
To work with young fashion design students globally to create designs that deviate and inspire confidence and charisma.
Gain global recognition that AICI is an authority on Authentic Beauty unCompomised and showcase young fashion designers and their abilities in divergent design.
Authentic Beauty unCompromised Diverse Design Program – Why?
In November 2015 AICI launched its Authentic Beauty unCompromised initiative. The purpose of the this initiative was to put our global voices behind projects, products and campaigns that reflect that ever person not mater shape, size, sex, creed, or color is beautiful.
Since the launch AICI has been looking for a program that would encompass our ‘vision statement’ , use our expertise and play a role in educating others within the image industry, influence the future of fashion design and allow our members to get involved on a global basis as individuals, chapters or city circles.
In the launch of our Diverse Design Program we believe we have met all of the above.
We encourage all of our AICI members to read the contents of this package and get involved as an individual, chapter or city circle.
Authentic Beauty unCompromised Diverse Design – How To Get Started
- Identify fashion design schools in your area.
- Research schools, look for their vision and mission statements and see if there is a possible connection point in their vision/mission statement and the 'diverse design' project.
- Identify who is in charge of fashion design at the school?
- Send introductory letter or email (sample enclosed) to relevant party.
- If you currently work with a client who has diverse design needs, ask them if you could use them as an example, would they consider being the students model? Introducing real people to the students and letting them hear their story makes it more personal.
- If successful in obtaining an appointment at the school, prepare hard copy of AICI Diverse Design packet (available on AICI web site)
- Ideally, look for an opportunity to present to the fashion design students a short PowerPoint presentation (sample enclosed and available on AICI Web site) on the diverse design project.
- Emphasize the power of AICI's vast global networking and communication resources that could showcase their designs if they take part.
- The goals is to put their designs in front of as many people as possible on a global basis. Ultimately to get recognition for them as designers and the school they are attending.
- If successful in getting a school/student to participate coordinate who the muse will be. Complete the 'Diverse Design Participant' form below. ALL participants will be recognized on the AICI Website.
- Confirm a design start and completion date with the students.
- Work with the school and local contacts to get as much local media recognition for school, student and AICI.
- Submit on-going pictures/videos of design (or designs) to AICI's social media to create interest, excitement and recognition.
- When design (or designs) are finished ask creator to submit final pictures/video of the design and a short story behind their creation.
- AICI will then publish and communicate the finished product with pictures, video, story on a global basis.
- If AICI can get 10 or more designs on a global basis, AICI will publish an eBook containing all the designs, the creators and their stories.
Authentic Beauty unCompromised Diverse Design - Entry Form