How to Earn AICI Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
AICI CEUs measure learning experiences that occur after acquiring a body of knowledge that qualifies you to work as an image consultant.
Ways to Earn AICI CEUs for Attending AICI Approved Programs
- Concurrent sessions and workshops at the AICI Conference
- AICI Chapter Education Days that have been approved for AICI CEUs
- Programs/Trainings approved by AICI to offer CEUs, including AICI Webinars. For a current list of programs approved by AICI, click here. It is your responsibility to ensure the program you are taking has been approved by AICI for CEUs.
Please note that AICI CEUs cannot be earned for a course that does not have CEU-approval, even if at a later date the course is then approved for AICI CEUs.
Courses, approved by AICI for CEUs, can be found in a list on the AICI Website, and a calendar of scheduled courses can be found on the AICI CEU Education Calendar.
Other Ways to Earn AICI CEUs Requiring a Pre-Approval
You can earn AICI CEUs attending programs not offered through AICI. When making a course selection to gain pre-approval for AICI CEUs you:
- Must make sure that the program content is related to the AICI Core Competencies
- Can select academic courses taken at a recognized Community College or University
- Can select CEU-approved courses offered by private companies, such as Fred Pryor Seminars or National Seminars Training. An internet search will reveal numerous CEU-approved courses
- Can consider a third alternative. You can choose a course that will add to your professional development, but is not approved by an academic institution or a CEU-approved national program. In this instance, the following criteria must be met. It must:
- Align with the AICI Core Competencies
- State specific learning outcomes
- Describe the content of the course
- State the presenter’s credentials for teaching the course
Then, it is recommended that you:
- Obtain an approval prior to attending a class for which you hope to earn AICI CEUs. There is no guarantee that, if you submit evidence of attending a course, other than an AICI CEU-approved course without a pre-approval, that AICI CEUs will be awarded
- Submit the Pre-Approval Application to the AICI CEU Chair, Karen Brunger, AICI CIP at email@example.com for approval six (6) weeks prior to taking the program.
Please note that you cannot earn AICI CEUs for the following activities:
- Association membership and leadership activities
- Committee or board meetings or retreats
- Entertainment and recreational activities
- Individual scholarship, such as writing books, research reports, etc.
- Work experience
If you are a trainer and would like to have your program approved to offer AICI CEUs, please see AICI’s CEU Provider Program Application Packet.
AICI is always looking for ways to improve its CEU-approved programs. If you would like to make a comment about a course provided by an AICI CEU Provider, please contact the AICI CEU Administrator, Liz Weinstein, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (515) 278-9053 for a confidential conversation. Questions can also be directed to the CEU Chair, Karen Brunger at email@example.com or (647)-290-6860.