This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Join AICI
Visa & Passport Information
Share |

2017 AICI Global Conference

Home | Registration | Schedule At A Glance | Schedule | Speaker Bios | Hotel | Visit Mexico City | Travel | Visa & Passport | Sponsorship

All documents must be current and valid, and passports must have at minimum six months’ validity. To request a visa, click here.

Mexico Entry Requirements

You Will Need a Visa if you are a Citizen of:

Afghanistan, Albania, Algiers, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Benin, Bhutan Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, Rep. Dem (Zaire), Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar (Burma), Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Palestine, Papua New,Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Qatar, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Sahrawi Arab Dem. Rep., Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Salomon Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia and Montenegro, Seychelles Islands, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Stateless Persons, Sudan, Surinam, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, The Bahamas, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Western Samoa, Yemen, Zaire, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

Citizens of the Following Countries do not Require a Visa:

Andorra, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Hong Kong,* Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, The United States of America, Uruguay or Venezuela

*Chinese citizens with passports issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

U.S. citizens do not require a visa or a tourist card for tourist stays of 72 hours or less within the 20-30 kilometer “border zone”. U.S. citizens traveling as tourists beyond the “border zone”, or entering Mexico by air, must pay a fee to obtain a tourist card, also known as an FMM (Forma Migratoria Multiple), available from Mexican border crossing points, Mexican tourism offices, airports within the border zone and most airlines serving Mexico. The fee for the tourist card is generally included in the price of a plane ticket for travelers arriving by air. U.S. citizens fill out the FMM form; Mexican immigration retains the large portion and the traveler is given the small right-hand portion. Travelers should always carry a photocopy of their passport data page and FMM. Upon exiting the country at a Mexican Immigration (INM) departure check point, U.S. citizens are required to turn in this form.

What Documents will be Required?

You can enter Mexico without a visa showing your passport and the “migration Form for Tourists, Transmigrants, Visiting Businesspersons, or Visiting Consultants”, which you can obtain from travel agencies, airlines, or at your point of entry into Mexico. This option also applies for permanent legal residents in the USA, Canada or Japan, regardless of nationality. Under an agreement with Canada and the USA, those countries’ citizens may prove their nationality with a passport or other public documents, such as:

  • Certified copy of birth certificate.
  • Voter registration card.
  • Naturalization certificate.

If any of these documents lack a photograph, travelers must prove their nationality with another official identification:

  • Driver’s license.
  • Identification issued by a state or official agency.

Although Canadian and US citizens do not need a passport, the National Institute of Migration recommends one to expedite passage through the point of entry.

Important: From January 23, 2007, American citizens who travel to Mexico, to return to the United States airway they will have to present an in force passport.

Tourist Visas

If applying for a Tourist Visa you will need to submit the following documentation:

  • Passport with minimum of 6 months’ validity.
  • Application form.
  • 1 passport-size photo.
  • Original return ticket.
  • Fee (payable in cash only).
  • Proof of sufficient funds (US$50 per day) to cover length of stay.
  • Postal applications must be accompanied by a covering letter specifying the purpose of the trip and the dates of entry and departure. Applications should be made in a stamped, self-addressed envelope with recorded or registered delivery.

Time Required to Issue a Visa

Average 2 days; up to 3 weeks, depending on nationality.

What is the Cost of a Visa?

Varies, depending on nationality: Approx. US$17 – $30

How Long is the Visa Valid for?

Tourist visas and cards are valid for up to 6 months (180 days).

Other Information

To extend your tourist visa, you must visit any National Institute of Migration office or delegation to apply for an extension of your tourist migration form.

This procedure takes only a few minutes and the requisites are as follows:

  • Passport or valid identification and travel document.
  • Valid tourist migration form.
  • Proof that you have sufficient economic resources to prolong your stay.
  • Payment of duties.

As a tourist, you may stay in Mexico for up to 180 days.

Embassy Contact Information

Please contact the nearest Mexican Embassy for information on what documentation you may require to enter Mexico.

We recommend that you apply for your VISA early. If you need an invitation letter, please send email to Gigi Jaber at

Source & Copyright: The source of the above visa and immigration information and copyright owner/s is the:

Thank You Annual Sponsors & Featured Training Institutes

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal